Low - Fat Vegan Wholegrain WafflesFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- ½ cup buckwheat flour shopping list
- ½ tbsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 6 oz (about 1/2 a block) low-fat silken tofu shopping list
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Mix flours and baking powder in large bowl.
- Combine tofu, applesauce, vinegar and water in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add extra water if needed, batter should be pourable.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread batter fully over grid and close.
- Cook waffle according to your iron’s directions. Repeat till batter is gone. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
Wow...this sounds so great. Vegan waffles aren't too hard to come by, but vegan waffles with protein are!! I can't wait to try them!!ginakina in Chester loved it
I don't know what I did wrong with these. Did you mean 1/2 tbsp for the baking powder and the vinegar? That was the only thing I could think that seemed off. Also, there weren't really instructions for combining the liquid and flours, but I just m...moreginakina in Chester loved it
This recipe really messed up my waffle iron. The batter stuck to every nook and cranny. I used the medium setting for the recommended time, and sprayed the iron first. I've made lots of vegan waffle recipes with this iron before, and nothing like thi...moreelizaveta33 in loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members