Budae Jjigae Army Base StewFrom zenkimchi 9 years ago
- onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste) shopping list
- water shopping list
- onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 or 2 Chile peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 leek, white part, sliced thinly shopping list
- hot dogs or sausage, sliced shopping list
- Spam or ham, sliced shopping list
- Green Leafy vegetables (such as spinach, Chrysanthemum Leaves, kale) shopping list
- Sliced firm tofu (optional) shopping list
- 1 can baked beans (optional) shopping list
- Soju (optional) shopping list
- 1 Package of ramen noodles (discard the flavoring packet) shopping list
How to make it
- Stir fry the minced Garlic and Onion in a teeny tiny drop of oil.
- Add the Gochujang and stir fry a little bit.
- Add enough Water to fill the wok half way. Turn the heat to high.
- Add chopped Onions, chopped Garlic, and Leeks and bring to a boil.
- Add the Meats. Boil for two minutes.
- Add the Leafy Green Vegetables, Tofu, and Baked Beans... and maybe a dash of Soju for good luck. Boil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Ramen Noodles and immediately turn off the heat.
- Serve in the pot on the table accompanied by rice, kimchi, and other side dishes. If possible, have it simmering on a campfire stove on the table. Guests serve themselves.