Coconut Chicken Rice Paper RollsFrom mareelouise 6 years ago
- 400 g can coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 1 small red chilli, chopped shopping list
- 2 small red chillis, seeded and finely sliced shopping list
- 2 chicken breast fillets shopping list
- rice paper rounds shopping list
- 1 cup vietnamese mint (I have some in the garden- it is as mad as European mint and has virtually taken over the whole patch!) shopping list
- 1 green onion shopping list
- 2 cups bean sprouts shopping list
- 50g vermicelli noodles- cooked according to the package instructions shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and chopped chilli in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, add the chicken and cover with a tight fitting lid. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan, reserving the coconut sauce.
- Allow the chicken to cool slightly and then shred. Set aside.
- Soften a rice paper round in warm water for 30 seconds.
- Place on a dry clean cloth.
- Top with mint, green onion, shredded chicken, noodles, bean sprouts and sliced chilli.
- Fold over each end and then roll to enclose the filling (the rice paper rolls I used had a really easy to follow diagram on them).
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice rice paper rolls in half and serve with coconut sauce.