Asparagus RisottoFrom vanessa 10 years ago
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 5 shallots, chopped fine shopping list
- 12 asparagus spears, chopped into 1" pieces shopping list
- white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- toasted pistashios shopping list
- Arugala shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan heat up the chicken stock and have a ladle handy.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat add some olive oil and sauté the asparagus for 2 minutes. remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add some more olive oil and sauté the shallots until they are soft. Add the risotto and sauté it until it starts getting a little color.
- Add the white wine to the rice and stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to stir until all the wine is absorbed by the rice. I don't measure the wine but I imagine its about 1/2 cup.
- Once the wine is absorbed start the process of adding the stock. Add a ladle of stock, stir let it cook and combine, stir...repeat this process for about 20 minutes until your stock is all gone. Throughout this process you will probably adjust your heat up and down depending on the pan you use. The point is to have the rice not stick to the pan and to release its starches.
- Once all the stock is complete add the cheese, stir to combine. At this point you might think that the risotto is a little loose...don't worry. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly. Add the asparagus, stir to combine, remove from the heat and cover for 5 minutes or so.
- Uncover, stir and serve. I like to plate this on a bed of baby arugala and add the pistachios. The cumulative whole is outstanding both visually and in taste.