Olive Gardens Chocolate LasagnaFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ***Cake*** shopping list
- 6 cups cake flour shopping list
- 5 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups Hershey.'s cocoa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking soda shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 12 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ***butter Cream*** shopping list
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 4 tablespoons meringue powder shopping list
- 12 cups sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon clear almond extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon colorless butter flavor shopping list
How to make it
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 F. Grease three 10-inch springform pans. In mixing bowl, stir together sifted cake flour, sugar, Hershey.'s Cocoa and baking soda. Add butter and mix well. Add milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Pour about 5 cups of the cake batter into each prepared pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before you remove the cake from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Butter Cream: Combine water and meringue powder; whip at high speed until peaks form. Add 4 cups of sugar, one cup at a time, beating after each addition at low speed. Alternately add shortening and remainder of sugar. Add salt and flavorings; beat at low speed until smooth. Thin out 1/2 of the frosting with a little extra water. The thinned frosting is used as the filling between layers.
- To Assemble: Place one 10 inch cake on a large round plate or a large round cake platter. Spread 1/2 of the thinned frosting on top. (Only frost the top of the cake) Sprinkle very lightly with semi-sweet chocolate chips. (There are very few chips on this layer, usually only 1 or 2 per wedge, so sprinkle very very lightly). Place the second cake on top of the first. Frost the top with the remaining thinned frosting. Sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips. (You can be a bit more generous with this layer). Place the third layer on top of the second. Frost the top with all of the Butter Cream that was not thinned. This is a thick layer of frosting so pile it on. Try to get the top as smooth as you can. Sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cut the cake into wedges, as you would cut a pizza. Using Hershey.'s chocolate syrup, create a design on your dessert plate. Place the wedge of chocolate lasagna at the 11 o'clock position on your dessert plate with the point facing down. (So that you can see some of the syrup design. Serve.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating5 people
Perfect, Perfect, Perfect, thank you so much for this post. Sounds just like their dessert, can hardly wait so I can make it. Gave up sweets for lent :( You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
This sounds so wonderful. You drew me in with the chocolate and almond combo. Great post, thanks. You got my 5 also.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Yummalicious!! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!