Fresh Lumpia Of Pinoy DishFrom mitzychocolatelover 6 years ago
- Lumpiang Sariwa - Fresh Spring Rolls: shopping list
- 3 cups jicama julienned shopping list
- 1 small head of a cabbage shredded shopping list
- 1 medium sized carrot shopping list
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes sliced in small chunks shopping list
- 1 small onion sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 kilo ground pork or shrimp shopping list
- a few lettuce leaves shopping list
- egg roll wrappers shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup shrimp stock shopping list
- Lumpia Sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Saute garlic and onion in a little oil.
- Add in the pork and cook until brown.
- Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the jicama and mix.
- Pour in the shrimp stock.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for about 10 minutes or until the jicama gets a little bit wilted and tender.
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Mix and cover again.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until sweet potatoes are done but not mushy.
- Lastly add in the cabbage.
- Just mix it in and turn off the heat once it gets wilted and bright green.
- Your filling is done.
- Allow this to cool a bit and let drip over a strainer.
- Over an egg roll wrapper, lay a couple of lettuce leaves.
- Put about 2 tbsp of filling over the lettuce.
- Gently tuck the bottom side of the wrapper up pulling in the filling to tighten then roll up.
- Wipe a little bit of water to the top edge.
- Roll your lumpia up to seal.
- All wrapped up. Lumpiang Sariwa or Fresh Spring Rolls / Egg Rolls are best served with sauce.
- For lumpia sauce:
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the sugar to the boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the syrup, add the cornstarch, blend into a slurry and return to the pot.
- Remove from heat when thickened
- Mix in garlic and chopped nuts!
The Cookmitzychocolatelover Malolos, PH
The Rating5 people
this is very good thanks i have had this in californiaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This take a little finesse and practice and time but well worth the effort. I make spring rolls like these, great for parties, first to disappear at any event.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Yum! This looks delicious! I've done the fried lumpia, but I agree with you......this is much more healthy! Great pictures too! Thanks for sharing that!!cheryl_tx in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!