Dover Sole PiccattaFrom davidwhittaker 8 years ago
- 1 lb Sole filets shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- Freshly ground salt & pepper (to taste) shopping list
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup white wine (I used a good chardonnay) shopping list
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic (to taste) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely minced shallots shopping list
- ¼ cup juice from fresh lemon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus extra for garnish shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flour, salt, & pepper in a flat bottomed, medium sized dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat almost to its smoking point.
- Pat the Sole filets dry with a paper towel, dredge through the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, and place into hot oil. When the filets have browned on one side, flip it and brown on the other. Be patient and allow each side to fully brown. Transfer to a warm platter.
- Deglaze the skillet with the wine. Add garlic, shallots, & lemon juice and reduce by half. Slowly mix in the butter until it’s creamy. Add parsley, salt, pepper, & capers.
- Spoon sauce over fish & garnish with fresh sprigs of parsley.
The Cookdavidwhittaker Avon Lake, OH
The Rating4 people
Hi, I made your recipe last night with some fresh cod filets I had. It was delicious! My husband said it tasted like one of our favorite restaurants on Cheasapeake Bay! This one is in my everyday "go to" file. Thanks again. Kathyekathye in loved it
This recipe is perfect as is-no cutting back on butter no fat free anything. It is simply perfect.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FARMS.sas in Farmington loved it
This is delicious!! Thanks!kkelleyb in MB loved it