Mussels In Lemon Chilli And GarlicFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 bags fresh black or Eden mussels (Not New Zealand as they are usually only available frozen or already cooked, unless of course you happen to live in New Zealand) which ome of my friends in GR do so they have an advantage. shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped) shopping list
- 2-3 small bird’s eye chillies (chili peppers) (chopped). I forgot them that day. shopping list
- Half a bunch of flat leaf parsley (leaves chopped) shopping list
- A bottle of white wine (pour yourself a glass) shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 lemons shopping list
- black pepper corn mill shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and debeard mussels .
- Pour a liberal splash of oil into a hot pot or wok.
- Add the mussels and toss around.
- When the first one starts to open add the garlic & chilli.
- Continue moving so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Once all but a few are open, a lap around the pan with the wine & pepper mill (leaving heat on high to evaporate alcohol).
- Squeeze lemons in and toss parsley through.
- Remove any unopened mussels,serve at once.