Thai Pessach Beef PattiesFrom uk2nyc 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb ground beef ( lean preferred) shopping list
- 4 slivers of pickled ginger ( regular works fine too) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tbs sweet and sour sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh chopped lemongrass shopping list
- 5 leaves of basil shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped scallion shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- oil for shallow frying shopping list
How to make it
- Pulverize your garlic and ginger
- In a pan on medium flame add your 1 tsp sesame oil
- To this add your scallions, ginger, garlic and lemon grass, cook for 1 min
- add your ground beef and stir in the soy sauce and sweet and sour sauce
- cook for a good 5 min, remove from flame and let cool
- Add basil, 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs ( add more if its too mushy)
- MIx well with your clean hands and let sit for 3-4 min.
- Beat the other egg with 1 tbs of water
- make golf sized balls with the meat and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Dip in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs
- In a shallow non stick frying pan, add a little oil and when hot gently put in your patties one at a time.
- Make sure the flame is on medium, so the patties get nice and golden brown, flip and repeat.
- Serve with pickled ginger slivers and lemon or lime wedges.
- *Pickled ginger is sushi ginger
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating3 people
Looks interesting. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Neat.. gonna like this one. Thanks Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I HAD MY FIRST TASTE OF THAI FOOD A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND I LOVE IT - THIS SOUNDS REALLY GOOD - HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH SUCH A GREAT COMBINATION OF FLAVORS PLUS BREADED AND FRIED - BIG 5 FROM ME - THANKS,LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!