Thai Pessach Beef PattiesFrom uk2nyc 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb ground beef ( lean preferred) shopping list
- 4 slivers of pickled ginger ( regular works fine too) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tbs sweet and sour sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh chopped lemongrass shopping list
- 5 leaves of basil shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped scallion shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- oil for shallow frying shopping list
How to make it
- Pulverize your garlic and ginger
- In a pan on medium flame add your 1 tsp sesame oil
- To this add your scallions, ginger, garlic and lemon grass, cook for 1 min
- add your ground beef and stir in the soy sauce and sweet and sour sauce
- cook for a good 5 min, remove from flame and let cool
- Add basil, 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs ( add more if its too mushy)
- MIx well with your clean hands and let sit for 3-4 min.
- Beat the other egg with 1 tbs of water
- make golf sized balls with the meat and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Dip in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs
- In a shallow non stick frying pan, add a little oil and when hot gently put in your patties one at a time.
- Make sure the flame is on medium, so the patties get nice and golden brown, flip and repeat.
- Serve with pickled ginger slivers and lemon or lime wedges.
- *Pickled ginger is sushi ginger
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating3 people
I HAD MY FIRST TASTE OF THAI FOOD A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND I LOVE IT - THIS SOUNDS REALLY GOOD - HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH SUCH A GREAT COMBINATION OF FLAVORS PLUS BREADED AND FRIED - BIG 5 FROM ME - THANKS,LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it
Looks interesting. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Neat.. gonna like this one. Thanks Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!