Grilled OnionsFrom dugger 9 years ago
How to make it
- Peel onions, leaving root and top button intact. Cut each vertically into 8 wedges. Try to cut directly through the root and top This keeps the wedges together.
- Combine next 6 ingredients [mustard through pepper] together in a small bowl. If you use low sodium soy sauce add 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking dish [large enough that the onions and fish fit in a single layer]. Turn over until all are thoroughly coated.
- Marinate in refrigerator about one hour turning them over half way through. After you remove the food to cook keep the marinade for later use.
- Now you have two choices. You can finish the dish in a grill pan on the stove or on a perforated fish topper on the grill.
- Don't attempt to cook the fish or the onions directly on the grill grate. They will stick or break apart and fall through.
- Get the grill pan or fish topper hot over a medium heat. Then place the onions on the pan for about three minutes on each side. Remove and keep them warm.
- Place the fish (your choice) on the pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Arrange the fish and onions on a serving tray and drizzle with the mixture left in the marinating dish.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- grumblebee Victoria, Canada
- dynie Marietta, OH
- jakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- dugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
- pintobean New Port Richey, FL
- mochame Hot Springs, AR
- hsfargis Reidsville, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔