Buttermilk Banana Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom akarlin 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 1/8 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan or 2 9x9 pans.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- This will make the cake very moist.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookakarlin Washington, DC
The Rating6 people
Sounds really good, another great post, you have my 5 for this one too.henrie in Savannah loved it
I'll be making this one real soon. Great post.marriage in Apalachin loved it
I have made this, got it from another website and it is truly amazing!! It's the best banana cake I've ever eaten. Yum.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!