Double Chocolate Fudge CakeFrom fireraven 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 oz bitter sweet chocolate, melted, cooled shopping list
- 1 1/4 c strong coffee, room temp shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 8 oz bittwesweet chocolate, melted, room temp shopping list
- 1/3 c sour cream, room temp shopping list
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 c powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 to 3 tbs milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat over to 350f, spray 2 (9in) round baking pans with cooking spray and line the bottem with parchment, spraying again and dusting with cocoa.
- Whis flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a med bowl
- Beat sugar and oil in large bowl at med-low speed untl sugar is moistened. Beat in 1/2 c sour cream. At low speed, beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Beat in 4 oz melted chocolate. Beat in flour mixture in 3 parts alternately with coffee until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 mins, invert cakes onto wire rack; cool completely
- Whisk 8 oz melted chocolate, 1/3 cup sour cream and butter in medium bowl until blended. Whisk in powdered sugar. Whisk in 2 tbs of the milk, adding additional milk until frosting is of desired consistency.
- Spread 1 cake layer with half of the frosting; top with second cake layer. Spread top with remaing frosting, leaving sides unfrosted. Cover and refrigerate. Serve at room temp.