Chicken Scarpariello with Lemon OrzoFrom hottamale 6 years ago
- chicken SCARPARIELLO: shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1t. poultry seasoning shopping list
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 hot cherry peppers, drained and chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c. dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 c. chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 1/4 c. chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 T. juice from hot pepper jar shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- LEMON ORZO: shopping list
- 1/2 lb. orzo shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- 1T. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large lemons, zested shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c. finely chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- CHICKEN SCARPARIELLO:
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Cut chicken into large chunks and season with salt, pepper & poutry seasoning.
- Add 1T. extra-virgin oil to the hot pan.
- Set chicken into pan (do not turn for 2 or 3 minutes or you will tear the meat.)
- Brown chicken 3 minutes on each side and then remove all of the chicken to a warm plate.
- Add bell peppers, hot peppers and garlic to the pan.
- Sauté the peppers and garlic for 5 minutes, tossing and turning them frequently.
- Deglaze the pan with wine & reduce for 1min.
- Add the chicken stock and bring it up to a bubble.
- Set the chicken back into the pan.
- Toss the parsley with the chicken and peppers and cook the chicken through, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Scatter a little hot pepper juice over the pan and serve the Scarpariello over a bed of lemon orzo.
- LEMON ORZO:
- Cook orzo in salted water until al dente.
- Drain orzo well. (Do Not Rinse)
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle orzo with 1T. of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon zest and parsley and toss to combine the flavors with the pasta.
The Cookhottamale Canton, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!