Seared Duck Breast With Grapefruit Sake Reduction And Celery SaladFrom food4all 7 years ago
- 2 duck breasts shopping list
- Reduction: shopping list
- 1 tbsp shallots minced shopping list
- 1 tsp oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 oz sake shopping list
- 7oz ruby red grapefruit juice shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp port wine shopping list
- 1 tsp lime juice shopping list
- 1tsp soya shopping list
- celery salad: shopping list
- celery batons peeled shopping list
- green onion match stick shopping list
- grapeseed oil shopping list
- soya shopping list
- pinch of sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepot add the oil and shallots and sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly colored. Add the honey and cook 30 seconds longer. Add the sake, grapefruit juice and port. Bring to a boil and simmer until liquid is reduced to approximately 2 oz. remove from the heat and let cool for 5-6 minutes. Add the limejuice, soya and blend.
- Score the duck breasts. Sear fat side down in a dry pan for 3-4 minutes. Turn over and finish in the oven. Remove from oven and let stand for 6-7 minutes before slicing.
- Celery salad:
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and toss. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
The Cookfood4all Stouffville, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!