buffalo Chicken SandwichesFrom flavorsofitaly 8 years ago
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of hot pepper sauce (use your favorite 'red' pepper sauce, and adjust the amount to your liking!) shopping list
- 6 TBL butter shopping list
- 1 envelope of dry Italian dressing mix shopping list
- 4 Kaiser or other good bakery buns shopping list
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves shopping list
- all-purpose flour, for dusting shopping list
- 2 TBL olive oil shopping list
- Bleu cheese dressing, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Stir hot sauce, butter, and dressing mix into a heavy saucepan, and place over low heat, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Slice rolls crosswise, and spread 2 TBL sauce on bottom of each roll.
- Season breasts with salt and pepper if desired, and dust lightly with flour. coat chicken thoroughly with remaining sauce, and dust lightly with flour again.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add chicken, and saute until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place on breast half on each prepared bun bottom, top with 1 romaine lettuce leaf, and a nice dollop of Bleu cheese dressing, replace bun top.
- Serve with crispy fresh veggies (we like carrot and celery sticks), and plenty of napkins!! ;-)