Best Caramel CornFrom annieamie 7 years ago
- 4 bags of butter-flavored (light) microwave popcorn shopping list
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) shopping list
- 3 cups of brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup of Karo syrup-Corn Syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- Optional: 2 cups of mixed nuts or 2 cups of any nut of your choice shopping list
- (If you add almonds and want more of an almond flavor, add 1 tsp. of almond extract with the vanilla extract.) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop the popcorn as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Place each bag of popcorn in a bowl and shake it to get the unpopped kernals on the bottom of the bowl.
- Place popcorn in a large roasting pan or on a large baking sheet.
- Throw away any unpopped kernals!
- Add the nuts if you're using them by sprinkling them over the popped corn.
- In a wok or large saucepan or pot, add the sugar, butter, and syrup and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir to blend sugar with the butter and syrup.
- Cook at a boil for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt and baking soda.
- Stir until it the sugar foams slightly and add vanilla and stir again.
- POUR this sauce directly over the popcorn and nuts and mix well with 2 large spoons.
- Spread popcorn out over pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir the popcorn, lifting the popcorn on the bottom of the pan to the top to coat the popcorn well with the warm glaze.
- Return the pan to the oven and repeat after 15 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Leave the glazed popcorn on the pan to cool. Once cooled, you can break it into large or small pieces and serve.
- HOLIDAY GLAZED CORN IDEAS
- Add colored candies to the popcorn after it has baked and is still warm for a Easter treat.
- You can pour melted white, milk or dark chocolate over the cooled popcorn and add colorful sprinkles (cake sprinkles) over the chocolate.
- You can add "robin egg" candies, M&M's, colored marshamallows and even malt balls!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating2 people
Comfort Foods773 members
Anything Goes287 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Christmas Candy166 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Easter Favorites26 members
A Candy Jar95 members
Ahh Peanuts10 members