Stuffed Eggplant Baked in a Delightful Yogurt SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 6 ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 egg slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt shopping list
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut eggplant in half and scoop out pulp leaving shell intact.
- Finely dice eggplant pulp.
- In a skillet brown eggplant in oil and add beef turning until browned.
- Drain off any fat if necessary.
- Stir in tomato paste, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper red wine and yogurt.
- Heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Spoon mixture into eggplant halves then top with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese then place in baking dish and bake for 45 minutes until bubbly and eggplant is tender.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
I (as always) had a few minor modifications:
No beef, used chicken instead
Had no tomato paste, used sauce, cooked it a little longer to get rid of the extra water.
Had no eggs :P
Omitted the green pepper ...morewizzrea in Lawrence loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!