Dakkous Al-Tamat Middle Eastern Tomato SauceFrom alizzz 9 years ago
- 1 Tbls. oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with a pinch of salt shopping list
- 250 g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted and crushed shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 chili pepper (optional) shopping list
- juice of a lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in pan and add crushed garlic, cook only for a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste
- Cover and leave to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cook with lid off for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat. Serve with rice or as specified. Sauce may be stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator and heated as required.