3-cheese Potato GratinFrom ravenseyes 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp. garlic, peeled, smashed shopping list
- 1 t. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. white pepper shopping list
- 1/8 t. cayenne shopping list
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup gruyere or swiss cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 T. all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- The key to making this gratin is first simmering the potatoes with flavored milk and cream.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine milk, cream, garlic, and spices in a large saucepan.
- Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 minutes. Discard garlic.
- Toss grated cheeses with flour; set aside. Layer half the potatoes in the casserole dish. Sprinkle half the cheese mixture over the potatoes. Add remaining potatoes and pour the milk mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese mixture. Coat a piece of foil with nonstick spray and tightly cover baking dish; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until gratin is browned and bubbly. Let gratin rest 10–15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating3 people
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.chriesi in Zuerich loved it
Good Lord, I really do need my eyes checked for missing this one *gasp* . Everything in it, I love! Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Hi Raven, I booked marked this recipe when it first came to my in box from you and finally got around to making it tonight. Oh my now I know why your called Raven because I can't rave enough about them. Thank you Thank you for sharing this with me an...moreflavors in Algonquin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!