Yellow Squash SouffleFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 pounds yellow squash shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3/4 stick butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups pieces of bread torn small shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the squash in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain well and mash.
- Mix together squash, eggs, butter, milk, onion, brown sugar and salt.
- In a buttered casserole put a layer of torn bread, layer of squash mixture and a layer of cheese.
- Repeat and top with bread and dots of butter.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.