Turkey Chili Worth Gobbling AboutFrom theresal 6 years ago
- 2 lb. white ground turkey shopping list
- 3 cans chili beans, I use hot - drained shopping list
- 1 med. yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves - minced shopping list
- 1 16 oz. can of diced tomatoes - drained shopping list
- 3/4 can of tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley shopping list
- 3 T chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp majoram shopping list
- 1 tsp oregno shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- red pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 Cup of khalua or coffee liquor shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion, garlic with 1 Tab. butter, add turkey meat and cook until no longer pink.
- add all ingred. ( Except beans and coffee liquor) simmer 10 mins.
- add beans and coffee liquor and simmer with lid slightly off for 3 to 4 hours. stir frequently. veryyyyyyyyyy good!
- When serving, I add grated cheddar and more chopped onions with oyster crackers and a couple of dabs of tabasco sauce.
The Cooktheresal Littleton, CO
The Rating3 people
Coffee liquor is a magic ingredient. Mix it with sour cream, lots of salt and pepper, makes a great gravy of all things. This sounds delightful and a far better flavored turkey chili than my own insipid version. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Ypu know,I did see yours with the coffee liquor and I want to try it. It looks great!pleclare in Framingham loved it
The sweetness of the Kahlua and the aromatic quality of cloves to me is a modern way to express the original recipe flavors for Chile. Chocolate was rumored to have been in the original recipe created at the Alamo,Turkey not ground beef was the origi...moretrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!