Butterscotch Drop SconesFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced shopping list
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (about 6 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (or more) chilled whipping cream shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.
- Add chilled butter; using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms.
- Mix in chips.
- Whisk 1/2 cup cream and egg in small bowl to blend.
- Gradually add cream mixture to dry ingredients, tossing with fork until dough comes together in moist clumps. Add more cream by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto large rimmed baking sheet, spacing apart.
- Bake scones until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- kgarmany Nowhere, Us
- foodfight Atlanta, GA
- lemonlavenderlane Northern, Wisconsin
- aidansmommy Nowhere, Us
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- danadooley Singapore, SG
- ahmed1 Cairo, EG
- cooker39 Belle Harbor, NY
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- imhungry Northern, OH
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating7 people
I love this recipe, only that in Mexico sometimes it's difficult to find butterscotch chips, can you think of a substitution in case I don't find them?
magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
I love butterscotch....it is one of my all time favorite flavors. YUM, nice post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I am a fan of all butterscotch desserts..Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it