Peppered Bacon-Wrapped Pork TenderloinFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 2 (12-ounce) pork tenderloins, trimmed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 thick bacon slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and onion, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pecans, and set aside.
- Place pork between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Spread mushroom mixture evenly on 1 side of each tenderloin, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
- Roll up jellyroll fashion, starting with 1 long end.
- Wrap 4 bacon slices around each tenderloin, and secure with wooden picks.
- Place, seam sides down, on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Rub evenly with sugar and cracked pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 400°.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160°.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!