Pizza DoughFrom caramia 7 years ago
How to make it
- 1. In a small bowl, stir yeast into warm water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, oil, and salt. Stir in the yeast mixture. Add 1-1/4 cups of the flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Lightly grease a large bowl; place dough in bowl and cover with a damp towel (make sure the towel does not touch the dough). Let dough rise in a warm place until double in size (30 minutes).
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16x12-inch rectangle. Place in a greased 16x12x1-inch baking pan. Cover with damp towel and let rise for 20 minutes.
- 5. Add desired toppings and bake as directed. Makes 1 (16x12-inch) izza, 2 (12-inch) pizzas, or 8 (7-inch) pizzas.
- Thin Crust Pizzas: Prepare as directed, except divide dough in half after Step 3; roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Use two greased 12-inch pizza pans instead of the 16x12-inch rectangular pan.
- Individual-Size Pizzas: Prepare as directed, except divide dough into 8 portions after Step 3; roll each portion into a 7-inch circle. Place in eight greased individual 7-inch pizza pans or place dough circles on greased baking sheets instead of the 16x12-inch rectangular pan.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcaramia US.
The Rating4 people
Sounds like a really good one! Thanks C! :)
I love making homemade pizza. :) It'll be even more fun when I have kids! :) Hope you have a great eve! :) (Thanks for the other pizza dough recipes, too....I'm getting ready to check those ou...morebakermel in Topeka loved it
thanks for a wonderful pizza dough recipe love making homemade recipes
have a blessed day,my friend
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Thanks for motivating me to make pizza at home. LOVE veggie pizza!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!