Polish Pound CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 small can evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 sticks margarine shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla shopping list
- 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries diced shopping list
How to make it
- Cream margarine, shortening, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add flour and milk alternately ending with flour.
- Fold in vanilla flavoring then spoon in cherries and nuts.
- Bake in a greased and lightly floured tube pan.
- Start in a cold oven on bottom shelf and bake 2 hours at 325.
- Do not open door while baking.
- Remove from pan immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
This sounds really good, love the cherries and pecans in it. You got my 5, must make this soon, I know I will love it.henrie in Savannah loved it
pecans and cherries make this very special! thanks, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Never met a pound cake I didn't like. = )sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!