Polish Pound CakeFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 small can evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 sticks margarine shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla shopping list
- 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries diced shopping list
How to make it
- Cream margarine, shortening, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add flour and milk alternately ending with flour.
- Fold in vanilla flavoring then spoon in cherries and nuts.
- Bake in a greased and lightly floured tube pan.
- Start in a cold oven on bottom shelf and bake 2 hours at 325.
- Do not open door while baking.
- Remove from pan immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
This sounds really good, love the cherries and pecans in it. You got my 5, must make this soon, I know I will love it.henrie in Savannah loved it
pecans and cherries make this very special! thanks, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Never met a pound cake I didn't like. = )sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!