Eggnog Custard Pie With Cinnamon Graham Cracker CrustFrom merrimayhem 8 years ago
- For Pie Crust: shopping list
- 1 2/3 c. graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- For Filling: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog (I use turkey Hill) shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- For Pie Crust:
- Make fine crumbs with a rolling pin or in blender.
- Melt butter.
- Mix together all ingredients and press into greased pie dish.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding filling.
- For Filling:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and eggnog.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk till well-blended.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place pie pan on a cookie sheet covered in foil, and pour filling into pie crust.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake ate 425 for 45 minutes, then lower heat to 350 and bake 45 minutes more, or until center of custard is NEARLY solid (Jell-O like)