Cheese and Sausage Stuffed ZucchiniFrom ern 8 years ago
- 12 ounces pork sausage shopping list
- 1 large zucchini shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese shopping list
- 2 cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pinch garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking dish (size is dependent on the size of your zucchini).
- Place crumbled sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Partially cook zucchini in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let cool for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, Colby cheese, cottage cheese, Italian blend cheese, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and rinse. Place both halves in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with garlic salt. Layer the sausage, tomatoes and cheese mixture in each half.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Then broil for 5 minutes to brown the cheese
The Cookern Wilmington, NC
The Rating6 people
I love zucchini but get tired of cooking it the same way...thanks for the new recipe. I will be trying this one.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
love it!princesa9580 in ******* loved it
I did not expect this to be as good as it was. I'm a vegetarian so I used soy sausage and this was just perfect. I only wish I had made more because I wanted everyone I know to try it. Zucchini's are aplenty this time of year so I will be making thi...morecaterpillergrrl in Johnstown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!