Fiesta SaladFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 2 cups dried penne or rotini shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup mild or medium chunky salsa shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the corn the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and corn. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and lime juice. Set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl combine pasta mixture, black beans, tomatoes, zucchini, and cheese. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately or, if desired, cover and chill.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare salad; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, if necessary, stir in enough milk to make desired consistency.