Peanut Butter Monkey Cake For KidsFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 1 package 1-layer-size chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned white frosting shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal shopping list
- 1 purchased large, soft sugar cookie shopping list
- 1 banana shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- 2 chocolate kisses shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake in in preheated oven in an 8x11/2-inch round baking pan. Remove cake from pan and cool as directed on package. Invert cake onto serving plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together white frosting and peanut butter. Use the mixture to frost the top center of the cake in the shape of a monkey face. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chocolate frosting in a plastic bag; set aside. Frost the rest of the cake with remaining chocolate frosting and pat the cereal into the chocolate frosting only. Snip one corner off the plastic bag and pipe a nose and a mouth onto face. Place two chocolate kisses upside down onto the face for eyes.
- Cut sugar cookie in half and place the halves on each side of the cake for ears. Before serving, peel a banana and brush the peel with lemon juice to prevent browning. Place the peel on plate above the monkey head.
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating9 people
Hi there, just delivered this cake to my grandson's class for his birthday. I had to add another cake to make a body for the cake because of the number of kids. What a hit it was. Thank's for making me look good!sheba in Lac La Biche loved it
Thank you for this recipe-
This cake was AWESOME! I made it for my daughters monkey b-day party and everyone loved it! Relatively easy to make and I added a pink bow on top and eyelashes.gemini69 in APO AP loved it
cute i may make it tomarrowkait_farrer in sonora loved it