Beef or Mutton Stew Pakistani StyleFrom ambus 7 years ago
- 1 kilogram of beef or mutton ,medium sized cubes shopping list
- 500 grams of onions (sliced) shopping list
- 500 grams yougurt,whisked shopping list
- 1 tsp. of garlic paste shopping list
- 1 tsp. of ginger paste shopping list
- 5-6 Whole black peppers shopping list
- 4-6 cloves shopping list
- 2 Big Black cardamoms shopping list
- 1 stick of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin seeds shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of coriander ,crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp red chillies ,crushed shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt ( or to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 2-3 Green Chillies (chopped - for garnish) shopping list
- A few fresh coriander leaves (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Put oil in a heavy pot, add the onions and saute until golden brown-transparent.
- Add the meat to the onions, and constantly stir until the water dries up.
- Mix all of the ingredients above in yougurt and add to meat. (Except for the Fresh Coriander Leaves and Green Chillies).
- Mix and saute for a few mintes.
- Now add enough water so the meat can tenderize.
- Cover pot. And let the meat cook on low heat.
- When the meat is well tender and cooked,cook on high heat,stiiring continuosly until oil separates.
- Add fresh coriander leaves, and chopped green chillies.
- Mix and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with naan or chapati.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating6 people
Asalaam mu alaikum Ambus
sounds so delicious.love Pakistani cuisine,actually my brothers son's wife is from Pakistan what a lovely person,but they are living in Qatar at the moment we do miss them
thanks Ambus,and have a blessed day
moremumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Great recipe.. i make this at least once a week!uk2nyc in Milano, Italy loved it
Salaams Ambus, delish! Reminds me of the good ole days at Mom's place with karahis full of this and pakwan when the whole family was visiting some 50 or so ppl apart from ourselves. Thanks for sharing - :)Amna.atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!