Wisconsin Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- Strawberry Sauce: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest shopping list
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients then add buttermilk, eggs and melted butter and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat then rub skillet with additional butter.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter for each pancake into preheated skillet.
- Cook until top bubbles then turn and cook other side.
- Cook second side until lightly browned then serve with warm strawberry sauce.
- To make sauce in a 2-quart saucepan combine brown sugar and cornstarch then stir in orange juice and zest.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add berries and butter then cook and stir until butter melts.
- Pour over warm pancakes.