Basic Cooked Yogurt SauceFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tbls Yogurt. Wisk into remaining Yogurt. In a heavy pan, begin to heat Yogurt mixture over low heat.
- Lightly beat egg or egg white and gently wisk (remember one direction ...;-) into the sauce.
- Bring sauce to a simmer Stirring constantly (In one direction) as it thickens up. Cook 5 - 10 minutes.
- If using garlic, add with salt to the sauce. Taste for acidity, add lemon juice and pepper if you think the sauce needs it.**
- Cook sauce 2 - 3 minutes more. The sauce is now ready to use.
- **Note: The addition of Garlic and or Lemon would be influenced by how much garlic or lemon were used in the recipes calling for a cooked Yogurt sauce.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating3 people
Thank you so much, Jim. I love the thought of having a basic sauce to build on like this and love your tip about stirring properly - my goodness, it does make sense. I love this...and now you've brought up Stuffed Kibbeh Balls...well, I know exactl...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Jim, I like the sound of this sauce. I really like that lemony taste too. I was wondering if this would work with low fat yogurt as well?grandmommy in Nashville loved it
This wonderful sauce would great with stuffed kibbeh balls is right, love the lemon in mine garlic too.
Nice one Jim thank you.trigger in loved it