Triple Decker Dream BarsFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 8 to 10 (3/4 ounce) bars English toffee candy shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- In mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with crushed candy bars.
- Mix together eggs, pecans, flour, firmly packed brown sugar, coconut
- and baking powder; pour this mixture on top of candy bars. Return to
- 325 degree F oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer or until top
- is golden brown.
- Prepare glaze and drizzle over bars. Cool slightly. Cut into bars.