Chicken and Sausage JambalayaFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- 1 cup mixed precut onions, celery and bell peppers 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 bags (8.8 oz. each) precook rice, such as Uncle Ben's Ready rice, prepare according to pkg. directions shopping list
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) diced tomatoes with chilies shopping list
- 1 pkg. (6-oz.) grilled chicken breast strips shopping list
- 1 link cooked andouille, smoked sausage or kielbasa about 8 oz., sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each dried thyme, salt, freshly ground pepper, Tabasco shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together the mixed vegetables and oil in a 2 qt. microwave safe cassorole dish, cover with plastic wrap, venting one corner. Microwave on high until softened, 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, chicken, sausage, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Cover venting one corner, microwave on high until heated through, 3 minutes.
- Serve with Tabasco sauce
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!