Carolina Pulled Chicken And ColeslawFrom mlejo632 6 years ago
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider or malt vinegar shopping list
- 3 cloves (large) garlic, crushed through a press shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup whole-grain mustard shopping list
- 1 large 4 1/2- to 5-pound whole chicken , wing tips cut off, skin removed shopping list
- Dressing shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider or malt vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 bag coleslaw mix shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Stir onion, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar in a 5- to 6-quart. slow cooker to combine. Spread whole-grain mustard all over chicken. Place chicken, breast-side down in slow cooker. Cover; cook on low-heat setting 5 to 6 hours, until chicken is fork-tender. Remove chicken from slow cooker to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Pour braising liquid from slow-cooker through a fine sieve set over a 1-quart measure. Transfer onion solids from sieve and 1/2 cup of the braising liquid to large bowl. Add dressing ingredients to onion mixture and whisk to combine.
- 3. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken off the carcass in large pieces. Add to dressing in bowl and toss. Serve on toasted buns or rolls, topped with coleslaw, if desired.
- *taken from red book