Black-Eyed Pea CakesFrom susana 8 years ago
- Black-Eyed Pea cakes shopping list
- 1 can of your favorite black-eyed peas, drained shopping list
- 4 strip of precooked bacon, prepared and crumbled shopping list
- 3/4 of one (jarred) whole fire roasted red pepper, chopped shopping list
- enough flour to make the mixture bind together to make the little “cakes” shopping list
- 1 tbspn butter shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mash beans with a fork, add bacon and fire roasted peppers to mixture.
- Add just enough flour to mixture to help bind.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape pea mixture into patties ( I made five).
- Melt butter and oil together in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and brown on both sides until crispy.
- These are absolutely wonderful!