Spaghetti Sauce In BulkFrom imhungry 8 years ago
- 2 jars of your favorite store spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 2-14.5 oz cans peeled and diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2-14.5 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 12oz. tomato paste shopping list
- 2 onions chopped shopping list
- 4-6 cloves garlic-minced shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. mild italian sausage ring shopping list
- 1 lb. either ground beef or meatballs(see my meatball recipe that is what we use) shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan brown ground beef if using, drain and place in crockpot. If using meatballs just add 'em(I dont even thaw them )
- Brown the sausage in olive oil on each side not cooked through just browned.
- Remove and place in crockpot.
- Add onions and garlic to oil and saute' until glassy and add to crockpot.(careful not to brown garlic will be yucky if it gets brown)
- Dump everything else in.
- Give it a stir and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Eat some for dinner and pack the rest away in the freezer for the rest of the week!! If you feel like it go ahead and throw a lasagna together and freeze for a quick dinner. (I freeze the sausage by it's self for sausage sandwiches so on dinner day just saute some onions and green peppers!)