Sweet and Sour SauceFrom misahungry 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the orange juice, vinegar, ketchup, chili garlic sauce, and sugar.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch until smooth. Add to the sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, remove from the heat, and cool slightly.
The Cookmisahungry Hightstown, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!