Fish With Saffron And GarlicFrom bostonmargy 7 years ago
- 3/4 pound white fish (cod or halibut are good) shopping list
- Pinch of saffron shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 2 tbs butter or olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, diced shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse fish and set aside
- Crumble the saffron threads into a small, heatproof bowl. Add a very small amount of boiling water (just to cover) and set aside.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients. Melt the butter or heat the olive oil in a non-reactive skillet. add the garlic and saute for a minute or two until golden but not brown. stir in the lemon juice, fennel, tomatoes and saffron solution. Add salt and pepper. Add fish fillets, spoon a little of the sauce over the fish. Cover and cook 5 - 10 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!