Corn Cob JellyFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
How to make it
- Take a dozen or so of the cobs and break them into thirds. Put the pieces into a large pot and cover with water. It should take about 9-10 cups of water. Cover the pot and boil for 30 minutes.
- While the cobs are cooking, get your jars and lids ready.
- Drain and strain the corn cob liquid through a cloth, such as cheesecloth in several layers.
- Take 6 cups of the liquid and put it back on the heat. Bring to a boil and add 2 packages of Sure-Jell.
- Next, gradually add 6 cups of sugar. Return the pot to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent sticking or scorching. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into the clean and ready jars.
- Snugly apply the lids, cover the filled jars with a towel and allow them to self-seal.
- This recipe makes about 5 pints.