Pomegranate JellyFrom deliathecrone 8 years ago
How to make it
- Peel pomegranates and extract juice.
- Strain juice through cheesecloth.
- Add up to 1/2 cup of water if needed, but it's better to use all juice.
- Pour juice into a large pan, 6 to 8 quart. Pan should not be more than 1/3 full.
- Stir in sugar.
- Bring juice to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Certo. Continue to stir. Bring to a full rolling boil (one that will not stir down) and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam with large metal spoon. (save the foam for immediate tasting!)
- Immediately ladle into hot jelly jars. Leave 1/4 inch space at top of jars. Wipe off any jelly that is on the top of jars, rims and threads. Seal with Dome lids and rings.
- Immediately invert jars on towel and let stay that way for 24 hours.
- Set jars upright and test for proper seal.
- If you are putting jelly into other types of jars or glasses, immediately pour a thin layer of melted wax over hot jelly. Put on covers or cover with Saran Wrap.