Queenie Bean SaladFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 2 tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa, well-rinsed shopping list
- 2 19-oz cans (4 3/4 cups) black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 19-oz cans (4 3/4 cups) diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oilve oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp grated lime zest shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 5 whole scallions, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil in a large pot.
- Add quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork before cooling to room temperature.
- In a large serving bowl, combine beans, tomatoes and peppers.
- Add quinoa and toss mixture together.
- In a small bowl or pitcher, whisk together oil, lime juice, spices, cilantro and scallions.
- Pour dressing over the salad, toss once more and chill 8-12 hours before serving.
- This keeps well at room temperature for hours and is great for lunch the day after.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
Nice one. Thank you Jojo.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
freaking awesome salad anybody who tries itt should easily fall in love with iteggchef in Ajax loved it
This salad was awesome! I recommend following the instructions on the quinoa package as far as preparing the quinoa. I think the recipe call for too much water. Be ready to share this is a large recipe, but great tasting and healthy.Mamacole in loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members