BUTTER POUND CAKEFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 1 pound butter, softened NO SUBSTITUTE shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs room temp shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (can use lemon or orange instead if you want) shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup whole milk (don't use skim) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325º. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each
- addition. Add extracts, beating just until blended in (well blended,
- Gradually add flour, beating on low just until combined.
- Add milk, beating until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until pick comes clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely before wrapping or freezing.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
Decadent for sure, love all the butter!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Love the buttery taste and a bit more almond extract about 1 tsp. is what I would put in it for sure I love the taste of almond to. got my 5 to.
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
So few ingredients and so perfect! Thanks again Henrie. Maretheiris in Garden City loved it