Fluffy coconut cake with white chocolate icingFrom biceps15 7 years ago
- 2 ½ c. flour shopping list
- 1 c. packed shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ¾ c. room temp butter shopping list
- 1 ½ c. sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- white chocolate & cream cheese icing shopping list
- 4 squares white chocolate (4 oz) shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp shopping list
- 2 T butter, room temp shopping list
- 3 T lime juice shopping list
- 1 T vanilla shopping list
- 1 ½ c. icing sugar shopping list
- 2 c. whipping cream shopping list
- toasted coconut (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Oven to 350F. Lightly butter two 9-inch cake pans. Line bottoms with a circle of buttered waxed paper. In a bowl, stir flour, coconut, bkg powder, salt.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light, occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl, 3 min. Beat in eggs individually, then vanilla. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in parts, alternating with coconut milk.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake 30-40 minutes until done. Cool for 10. Turn onto racks. Turn top side down so cakes will be flat for easy icing. Cool. Frost.
- Coarsely chop chocolate. Use microwave and almost melt. Remove and stir until smoth. In a large bowl with mixer beat cream cheese, butter, lime juice, vanilla. Then beat in chocolate. Gradually fold in icing sugar and beat until evenly mixed.
- In a medium size bowl, using mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until evenly mixed, then gently fold in remaining cream, just until no streaks remain. It’s best to fill and frost cake right away. Don’t refrigerate icing before using.