Stuffed Chicken With Tomato Rosemary SauceFrom cgendy 9 years ago
- Chicken: shopping list
- 8 thin sliced chicken breast pieces shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- olive oil (to coat) shopping list
- cheese Filling: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup thin sliced sun dried tomatoes (optional, but makes a big difference) shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry basil shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 Cup white wine (Same kind you would drink with dinner) shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (1 can will do fine) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned diced tomatoes with all its juices shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1tsp fresh rosemary (1/2tsp dried) shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1tbsp sliced green onions (scallions) shopping list
How to make it
- Coat chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cheese Filling:
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Take one slice of Chicken and lie it flat on a cutting board.
- Spread 1/4 of a cup of cheese filling over top of chicken breast leaving about one inch around uncovered .
- Roll as if you would a jelly roll cake.
- I like to secure each roll with a wet soaked toothpick, Put in diagonally so it doesn't get in the way when you cook it.
- Put saute pan on medium heat and coat with a thin layer of Olive Oil.
- Place chicken rolls in pan and sear for 5 mins on both sides or until cooked thoroughly.
- Transfer to serving plates.
- Heat medium skillet over medium sized heat.
- Add white wine and bring to boil, simmer 5 mins until reduced.
- Add in broth, tomatoes, sugar and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes to reduce.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil continue to simmer 5-10 mins longer until reduced to desired thick, rich and creamy.
- To serve:
- Place chicken on serving dishes and pour sauce over. Sprinkle scallions over top and,
The Cookcgendy Manalapan, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!