Pina Colada Pound CakeFrom angelgirl94 7 years ago
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rum extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Blend butter and shortening together well. Gradually add sugar. Cream until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Add extracts.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to mixture alternately with milk,starting and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan,stir water and sugar together and bring mixture come to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Cool slightly and add almond extract.
- Pour over cake while still warm then cool completely.
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup coconut or pineapple rum to glaze along with almond extract.
- Let cake cool 10-15 minutes. Pour half of glaze over cake while still in pan. Turn cake out then pour on the rest of the glaze.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating4 people
I have just made a similar one yesterday but I used pineapple buttercream frosting. Yours seems to be better.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Can you just use rum instead of rum extract?sunny in Portland loved it
Wow I'm in agreement with Ahmed and Sunny, you have my 5 also. Thanks for sharing. Great post!henrie in Savannah loved it