Crock Pot Swiss SteakFrom halosmith 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds round steak shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon thick bottled steak sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Coat with flour,
- salt and pepper.
- In large skillet or slow cooking pot with browning
- unit, brown meat in oil.
- Pour off excess fat.
- In slow cooking pot, combine meat with tomatoes,
- onion, green pepper, celery
- and steak sauce.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 6 to 8
- hours or until tender.
- Thicken juices with additional flour, dissolved in a
- small amount of water,
- if desired.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.