Turnip CasseroleFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. turnips, peeled and sliced thin shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. margarine shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 2/3 cup celery and green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sharp cheese, grated shopping list
- 3 Tblsp. bread crumbs shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook turnips in boiling, salted water until tender and drain, set aside.
- In a skillet,Saute in butter the onion, green pepper and celery until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Combine cheese sauce with turnips.
- Place in baking dish and top with crumbs.
- Brown under broiler.