Grilled Cheese and Onion MeltsFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup French's® honey mustard or French's® honey dijon mustard shopping list
- 16 slices muenster cheese shopping list
- 12 thin slices ham shopping list
- 8 slices rye bread shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt butter in medium nonstick skillet. Add onion. Cook over medium-high heat until tender, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in sugar; cook 15 to 20 minutes until onion is glazed and caramelized. Stir in mustard.
- 2. To prepare each sandwich: place 2 slices cheese and 3 slices ham on bottom slice of bread. Spoon 1/4 cup onion mixture over ham. Top with 2 more slices cheese and cover with top slice of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 3. Coat an electric grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Grill sandwiches about 5 minutes until golden and cheese melts.
- Tip: Sandwiches may be cooked in a nonstick skillet or on an outdoor grill.
- Variation: Substitute deli roast beef instead of ham.