Parsnip Carrot And Potato MashFrom lor 9 years ago
- 6-8 parsnips, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped in large chunks shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, whole shopping list
- 8-10 medium potatoes. peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (may require a little more) shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or brown sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place parsnips, carrots, onion, garlic cloves and potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until fork-tender.
- Drain the water from the vegetables, and mash with butter, milk, and Pure Maple Syrup / brown sugar until well blended.
- If you want, you can beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Do not beat for too long, just until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve hot.
- Makes 6-8 servings
- Note: I like to put this mixture into a casserole dish and bake it in the oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
Oh....heaven! Anything with parsnips!!! Thank you!!pat2me in Nashua loved it
I love parsnips but haven't cooked with them a bunch. I'm bookmarking this to try. Great post, Lor - thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
This sounds perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Thanks so much for posting this 5 fork recipe.laadeedaa in loved it